Are you a non-profit housing or service provider in Saskatchewan?
Click here for our membership application
Membership and Partnering
Non-profit housing providers have historically been deeply rooted in their communities on a grass-roots level whether it’s organizing fundraisers for victims of fire in the community, hosting community activities such as barbecues and garage sales or organizing Christmas fundraisers for tenants and community members in need. These organizations are dedicated to helping others and sometimes they need help and support themselves. NPHPS aims to bring those organizations together to share information, address their concerns and help find solutions to the problems those organizations are facing.
Involvement in National Housing Issues
The Network of Non-Profit Housing Providers of Saskatchewan is a member of CAEH (Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness), CHRA (Canadian Housing & Renewal Association), and is an active participant in CANPHA (Canadian Alliance of Non-Profit Housing Associations). The benefits of being involved with these organizations include: information sharing, networking opportunities, conference fee rate reductions, educational benefits, and many more.
To learn more about The Canadian Housing & Renewal Association, please visit www.chra-achru.ca.
Advocacy & Lobbying
The NPHPS has many avenues for advocacy and lobbying including Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Saskatchewan Housing Corporation, Canadian Housing and Renewal Association, Metis Urban Housing Association of Saskatchewan, Office of Residential Tenancies, Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness, and various committees including Community Advisory Boards, Aboriginal Homelessness Advisory Boards, Aboriginal Regional Advisory Boards, and many more.
Membership Fees & Benefits
Please see below for the NPHPS membership fee schedules. Membership fees are applied to administrative services, membership fees in national organizations (such as CHRA), legal fees, advertising fees, website maintenance, etc. and will be reviewed annually.
Basic member benefits will include information sharing, mentorship, advocacy, lobbying, networking, best practices, newsletters, membership access to CHRA, and the ability to adjust rental rates with only six months’ notice as opposed to a year.
Annual Membership Fees are as follows:
- Gross annual revenues less than $500,000 per year – $500.00
- Gross annual revenues between $500,000 to $1,000,000 – $750.00
- Gross annual revenues greater than $1,000,000 – $1000.00
Additional Membership Benefits
– NPHPS members may receive access to an unrivaled and exclusive property insurance package that provides significant savings to member organizations. (Subject to approval by carrier.)
– Access to competitively priced employee group benefit insurance.
– Improved corporate banking services provided by a provincial credit union.
– Competitive pricing on electrical and plumbing maintenance supplies provided by Saskatchewan supplier.
– Competitive pricing on office products from a Saskatchewan based supplier.
Contingent on membership, the administration of NPHPS could potentially assist the member organizations with capacity building such as proposal writing, business planning, policies, procedures, succession planning, workshops, board/staff training and other areas by request.